Riding Magazine

Renew Gold

Thursday, April 27, 2017

The Gallop: Wire Transfer Beware!

San Diego dressage trainer has frightening experience with wire transfer fraud.

by Rebecca Rigdon Blake

It is my responsibility to share my recent experience in making a wire transfer for myself, as well as my client, while purchasing horses in Holland.

My solo horse-shopping trip to our friend’s stable in Amsterdam seemingly went along without a hitch. We looked at 60-plus horses, found two that I absolutely fell in love with, and came home 72 hours later on cloud nine.

Once the decision was made to purchase the two horses, I spoke on the phone to our good friend and agent that some of you know, Egbert Kraack, several times. Like any other purchase, we discussed the vetting results and when it came to getting their bank details I spoke to him on the phone. He told me his wife was e-mailing me the details as we spoke, along with detailed information about the vettings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramard